All programs supported by Access Point™ maintain privacy compliance. Registration and Consent forms/documentation panels are specific to the program for which the patient is providing their consent, and all fulfilment sources for the program are contacted in a manner that ensures their compliance with Canadian data laws, including appropriate encryption and handling processes.
Pharmacy Access Solutions Inc. (PASI) may, in the course of performing conducting its business, have access to personal information including personal health information belonging to its customers and their clients and employees, as well as other individuals connected with PASI.
This statement discloses the privacy practices and policies for PASI and the use of its proprietary software Access Point™, Access Point™ Dashboard, Access Point™ ACE, Access Point™ Consultant and Access Point™ Mobile used in retail pharmacies for the purpose of providing Pharmacist-Patient counselling support. If you have any questions about these practices and policies, please contact info@PharmacyAccess.com
or 905-607-3809 ext. 0
and ask for the Privacy Officer. The accompanying document contains further relevant details.
Pledge on Privacy
- Identifying purposes
- Limiting collection
- Limiting use
- Individual access
PASI expects all pharmacies using Access Point to abide by these standards of privacy protection as outlined in the End-User Licensing Agreement provided with the PASI software.
- PASI assumes responsibility, to the extent within our control, for compliance with all laws relating to the collection, use, disclosure, retention and destruction of Personal Information.
- PASI has instituted policies and procedures that protect against the collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information by persons not authorized to have this information. All fulfillment sources contracted in support of a patient program must sign a Restricted Uses Agreement ensuring they understand standard privacy policies, abide by them and immediately notify PASI of any breach.
- PASI collects, uses, discloses, retains and destroys Personal Information that we send or collect on behalf of those involved only for the purpose set out in the applicable consent form and for no other reason.
- PASI may use personal and prescription information to develop anonymous reports that do not contain any information that would permit PASI to identify an individual person. These reports may be provided to pharmacies, drug manufacturers or other relevant stakeholders. However, these reports cannot be used to identify individual patients and PASI takes appropriate steps to protect the security of this information.
- PASI uses adequate safeguards to protect Personal Information within our possession or control from inadvertent disclosure to persons who are not authorized to have this information. Safeguards include physical, organizational, and technical measures suitable for sensitive health information. All PASI employees are aware of the importance of maintaining the privacy of personal information.
- PASI will immediately inform those involved of any accidental or unauthorized use or disclosure of Personal Information.
- PASI will immediately inform those involved of any request for access to or disclosure of Personal Information sent to those involved by PASI or collected for PASI, and obtain consent prior to the granting of any such access or any such disclosure.
- PASI will cooperate with those involved in connection with any audit of Personal Information or the practices of those involved in relation thereto and in connection with any request to PASI for access to any Personal Information.
- PASI will make available, on request, policies regarding its handling of Personal Information.